Well, my perfect get-away took an abrupt U-turn. I ended up with either food poisoning or the stomach flu, but whatever it was, it wasn't pretty. Had to call my mom who had to call a friend that still lived over there, to come bring me supplies. Answering the door to let her in took it out of me for the rest of the day.
Anyway. I'm home now, and feeling much better. I guess it's a good thing I took my time-out-for-illness then, because since I've been home I've:
* Vacuumed approximately 20 lbs. of weightless dog hair
* Taken Woohoo's car through DEQ. Twice. Needed a fuse so they could run the test. Got the fuse. Got back in line. Fun times.
* Done 100 loads of laundry
* Been to Safeway three times, and Trader Joe's once
* Signed up to bring snacks for several different commitments
* Ordered black pants for Rojo so he can perform in the upcoming choir concert
* Watered all the sagging plants inside and out
* Worked the Snack Shack with Rojo
* Taken both kids to the dentist
* Brushed the dog like there's no tomorrow
* Walked the dog twice
* Put 20 other To Dos on the list from all the e-mails I've received since getting home
* Hyperventilated a few times
* Picked up something from Bi-Mart for STM that he needed immediately
* Several other things hardly worthy of mention, but time consuming, nonetheless
It's important to note I've been home just over 24-hours.
To all you working-outside-the-home mothers, I bow to you.