TOP 10 THINGS THAT COUNT AS WRITING:
10. Reading books about writing
9. Reading great writing
8. Signing up for a writing class
7. Listening to podcasts with great authors
6. Combing through old writing for snippets, ideas, threads
5. Writing in a journal
3. Talking about writing with another writer
2. Reading what you've written from the day before
TOP 10 GRAY-AREA THINGS THAT SORT OF COUNT AS WRITING:
10. Cleaning your house
9. Yard work
8. Going through photo albums
5. Recording dreams
4. Listening to an inspirational song, in a continuous loop
3. Staring into space
1. Walking, alone, in silence, while the writing sifts and sorts
Driving a car without brakes--stopping the card Fred Flintstone style, new year at college with new roommates, a house so filled-to-over-flo...
Yesterday was Ash Wednesday - the beginning of Lent. Forty days with a focus on fasting, praying, and giving. I had been thinking about wha...
Had a dream last night that I was in the house I'd grown up in, and intruders entered. Several of them. Six? Eight? More? Men and women,...
I've had weird symptoms in my abdomen for months, actually, more like years. I'll spare you all the details except to say I am fi...