TOP 10 THINGS THAT COUNT AS WRITING:
10. Reading books about writing
9. Reading great writing
8. Signing up for a writing class
7. Listening to podcasts with great authors
6. Combing through old writing for snippets, ideas, threads
5. Writing in a journal
3. Talking about writing with another writer
2. Reading what you've written from the day before
TOP 10 GRAY-AREA THINGS THAT SORT OF COUNT AS WRITING:
10. Cleaning your house
9. Yard work
8. Going through photo albums
5. Recording dreams
4. Listening to an inspirational song, in a continuous loop
3. Staring into space
1. Walking, alone, in silence, while the writing sifts and sorts
Had a dream last night that I was in the house I'd grown up in, and intruders entered. Several of them. Six? Eight? More? Men and women,...
I've had weird symptoms in my abdomen for months, actually, more like years. I'll spare you all the details except to say I am fi...
January 26, 2004 - September 4, 2018 Three weeks later, and it's not much easier to talk about. My dad used to say, &...
Took the sheets off our bed, and started the laundry. Wil looked at the threadbare mattress pad we've probably had as long as we've ...