Friday, May 6, 2011

Worth Repeating



Rojo's Resource Room teacher is married to a man named Steve. Rojo loves Steve. Steve, I do believe, loves Rojo. I also believe they've met on rare occasion - let's just say, twice. Possible three times. Four would be a stretch.

Rojo sends Steve e-mails from his computer. Rojo begs his teacher to have Steve come in on his days off. Rojo hounded me all weekend until we bought Steve a birthday card (blank card with the American flag on it) and a balloon (Spongebob). "Mom, Steve's birthday is May 3rd, don't forget."

I knew all that. What I didn't know is that Rojo apparently has a super special just-for-Steve closing line, "I love you and I love you so much." All of his e-mails to Steve end in that fashion (don't even worry about the fact that I gave birth to him and have sacrificed my entire life for that boy and never once has he said this to me).

Rojo's teacher said that she and Steve have made that their thing now when saying I love you to each other. "I love you, and I love you so much." Pretty soon they'll be adding, "Don't forget" to it, if I know Rojo.

And I do.

And I love him, and I love him so much.


* Photo from http://www.lifeprint.com

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards BrenĂ© Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...