Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Jean Shopping 101

You're all sitting on the edge of your seat just dying to know if I was successful jean shopping yesterday, right? Thought so! Well, you'll be super happy to know that I am the proud owner of two pairs of the nicest jeans I've ever in my life tried on, let alone bought.

Here are the keys to successful jean shopping, if you ask me:

1. Don't be in a hurry - have a big window of time so you're not cramming it in between 200 other things on the day's To Do list (a favorite trick of mine)

2. Don't be hungry

3. Basically have all your bodily needs and functions handled before proceeding

4. Go at an off time

5. Have the store/department to yourself

6. Make sure you get a super gay "Denim Expert" that wants nothing more in life than to see your *^# look great in a pair (or two!) of jeans

7. Take a trusted and honest friend, preferably one with informed opinions and good fashion sense

8. Make sure that this trusted friend has covered Steps 1-3, too

9. Tell the "Denim Expert" that you don't know a thing about jeans, and to just start bringing them to you

10. Do not, repeat, do NOT look at the price tags

No comments:

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards BrenĂ© Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...