Wednesday, May 11, 2011

No Offense

I know that I offended one of you, and perhaps there were more, in my recent post, Jean Shopping 101, when I said you needed a "super gay 'Denim Expert'" to really pull off the shopping experience. At least one reader felt I was perpetuating a stereotype. My intent was to retell my shopping experience, and that was part of my experience. I could have described the person without using those words, and I should have, but for me, those words are anything but derogatory. I felt he would have described himself the same way. I felt that anyone meeting him would have instantly known that about him. I felt it was like saying he was petite, brunette and tan - simply a fact, not name calling.

Nonetheless, I am sorry for not being more careful with my words, for not practicing what I preach.

love.

No comments:

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards Brené Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...