Monday, January 14, 2013

Operation Veggie



Sorry, I've been so crazed and obsessed distracted with THE BOOK, I've neglected to update you on Project Veggie! Well, here's the good news, your prayers are working, thank you! Rojo has a good attitude and is trying them, so far the only "winner" is baby carrots. We are really supposed to be loading up on the leafy green vegetables, but the crunchy orange ones are going to have to do for the moment. It's progress. What's wrong with progress, I ask you?

We are doing much better in the fruit department, and are successfully getting him to have a bowl with 12 pieces at breakfast and dinner. He's going to keep increasing that number by 2's until we get to 20. So far he's had watermelon, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple. Pineapple is by far his fave and if I'm not careful, it will be all he'll be willing to eat in the name of healthy. The boy can take something and glom onto it like nobody's business. Flicka is a huge fruit and veggie lover, so she goes nuts every time I pull out the knife. (Like seriously, she runs from upstairs to downstairs when I so much as open the knife drawer.)

Clear your calendars for Thursday, I just know you'll want to be spending the whole day downloading/reading/ordering THE BOOK.

Thank you for your love, support and prayers on all fronts! I appreciate and feel them!

Love.



4 comments:

kario said...

Rock it, Rojo! I'm betting he'd love mango, too (although they are a royal pain to cut up). Maybe try wrapping a baby spinach leaf around a baby carrot like a mini pig-in-a-blanket? Does he like hummous or ranch dip? He could dip them in that.

Can't wait for Thursday!

fullsoulahead.com said...

That is amazing progress.

Go Rojo!

I see fruit smoothies in his future. Almost like yogurt.

And yes, the book! The book!

andrea said...

So proud of Rojo!!! Carrots and pineapple are my faves too! I for one CANT wait for THE BOOK!!!!!

Tanya Savko said...

Great progress! I'm not surprised - baby carrots are the only vegetable (other than an occasional small piece of lettuce) that Nigel will eat, and he loves most fruits also.

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards Brené Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...