Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hot Off the Press


Here's the photo that started it all. I took this in 1999, Wil was 2 1/2 at the time. I wanted to capture the image of him taking off down our street, always with Big Bird under his arm. It wasn't until I got the picture developed that I saw the sidewalks formed a cross. Somehow this picture confirmed for me at the time, what I'd suspected for awhile: Wil is divine. He's simply not of this world. Years later we had his chart done by an astrologer, and lo and behold, it forms a cardinal cross.

Fast forward fourteen years and this picture is the cover image for the print version of THE BOOK. The book that  went through a million drafts, transformed, transformed, then transformed some more, the one that about made me swear off writing all together, the one that I'm happy to say, is doing well so far!

Thank you SO much to all of you whom have read it or are reading it! Really, THANK YOU!!! Two of you have even given it a review on Amazon, again, thanks! If any of you are so inclined, it would be great to get more up there, here's the link for your reviewing convenience!

I've heard from a fourteen-year-old boy (so not my intended audience), former and current teachers of Wil's, family members, neighbors, friends, and the owner of Wil's favorite frozen yogurt shop. My cup runneth over.



6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

THE BOOK IS ENTIRELY OUTSTANDING AND EVEN LIFE-CHANGING, AND I URGE ALL YOUR READERS TO READ IT AND SPREAD THE WORD!

I generally hate caps and exclamation marks, but such is my enthusiasm for this beautiful book that I chose to use them!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I will be reading this very, very soon!!!

andrea said...

I didn't think I could love you any more than I already do. The book is wonderful. You are my hero.

kario said...

I can't stop grinning. I love that I get to know you. That I got to know you when you started writing this, and that I got to read the first attempts at it ("Unstrung" still sits in a place of honor in my office), and that I have borne witness to the unfolding of your realizations (yes, multiple) that this boy is special. I can't wait to dive in to the book in its final form and devour it.

What a gift you all are to this world. And my life is richer for knowing you.

Love.

Tanya Savko said...

IT'S SO GORGEOUS! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so incredibly thrilled and happy for you, my friend. Love!

Ajax said...

The cover alone is a God-sent sort of precious. Congratulations! Can't wait to check it out.

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards BrenĂ© Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...