Thursday, April 5, 2012
Little Lies I Tell Myself
I tell myself (and everyone else), I only drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day. See that poor excuse for a coffee cup on the left? That's 6 oz. That's what is considered a "cup" of coffee. I don't waste my time on that cup or the horse it rode in on. Ditto the second one on the left. By the time you get to the pink and white polka dot mug, you've gotten my attention. That is just about right for "cup" number two long about 10:00 AM. I don't get out of bed for anything less than the one on the far right.
Other little lies I tell myself include, but are not limited to:
* If I don't do it, no one will.
* Whatever it is I don't want to do is going to be painful/difficult/hard/expensive/brutal.
* Life is hard and only going to get harder.
* If I haven't done "it" by now (whatever the "it" of the day is), I'll never do it.
* There is a scarcity of time/money/attention/energy and I already don't have enough of it.
Breaking these negative thought loops is a challenge, but fully caffeinated, I know I can do it.