Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Ultimate Gift



Typically, the weekends are a breathless race to the finish line, Rojo keeping me on a schedule from the minute my eyes pop open, to the minute his close. I hadn't even put both feet on the floor this morning before he started in with the day's agenda. Trying to fit in walking the dog, actually spending time with "the other one," and doing everything else that needs to be done in a weekend, can make it quite stressful.

I was "on schedule" for taking him to his 10:15 "appointment" when STM came home from a long bike ride and said, "How about I take him, then I'll take him to Home Depot. He wants to go to the one in Troutdale today, so we will be gone a couple of hours."

So. I find myself With Woohoo asleep for at least another hour, the dog, boy and husband all gone, and "nothing" to do. You know as well as I do what that means, it means we start with a fresh "cup" of coffee, the iPad for a few rounds of solitaire, then I'm going to go sit in the rocker on the front porch with a blanket, and read more from THE KITCHEN HOUSE, which I've barely started, but already love.

Thank you, STM, for the ultimate gift. I love you, too.

2 comments:

fullsoulahead.com said...

Hope is was good for you! Next time send them to a Home Depot even further away! I hear there is one in Chicago!

kario said...

YAY! I love it when the husband comes to the rescue like that! Hope your day was spectacular and you and Woohoo got some quality time.

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards BrenĂ© Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...