Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Big and Little Mary

BIG MARY

LITTLE MARY

Everywhere I go I see Mary. Could be me. Might be me. Probably is me, but c'mon, don't you see her, too? Right there in the trees? Was walking with Kathleen last week, deep in conversation and all of a sudden there she was, in a tree we've passed a thousand times in our 11 years of morning walking. 

Went on a walk later in the week with Nancy and tried to show her the Mary tree. Couldn't find her. Swore she upped and moved. Found Big Mary while we were looking for Little Mary. Isn't that always the way it goes? While you're looking for something small, you find something big? Something you didn't even know you needed more than what it was you were looking for?

Me, too.

8 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

I see her! (Our Lady of Grace in the first pic, and Our Lady of Guadalupe in the second.) :)

"Proud Mary keep on rollin..."

Hugs. Linky love going up at the blog today. Working on post right now.

Deb Shucka said...

Mary is making sure you know she's got you covered.

"While you're looking for something small, you find something big? Something you didn't even know you needed more than what it was you were looking for?" Love this. It's exactly what I needed to see today.

Elizabeth said...

Simply wild!

Wanda said...

Wonderful!

Amber said...

Big Mary, please. I need a big big Mary.

:)

jess said...

oh good lord, 'little mary' is even better than 'guadalupe'

but get this .. i read this, then hopped over to another friend's blog in between reading and commenting. (don't ask). the word verification?

marYoK

Drama Mama said...

Holy crap, Jess.

Seriously?

Carrie, I hope you're paying attention to the Marys. I think they want to have a sit-down with you.

kario said...

So eerie! The positive intention class I'm taking right now has taught me a new exercise called "tree" and when I go in to that meditation, the top tree is the one I visualize. The exact tree in your top photo.

Love you!

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards Brené Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...