Friday, March 1, 2013

Odds and Ends

THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW AND REALLY, REALLY SHOULD:

1.  I just learned how to use Pandora on both my computer and iPhone (Theresa).

2. Pandora is it on a stick. I am trying not to bemoan the fact that I've wasted all these years living a life without it. If you are living a life with Pandora, drop what you're doing and rectify that situation immediately.

3. Wil is now 5'11" and when I am applying Clearasil to his face at night, I have to reach so high I nearly need a step-stool. While I am dabbing, he looks into my eyes with the most pure and adoring face you've ever seen on a human angel.

4. I am obsessed with the song, "Holy" by Annabelle Chvostek, in particular the lyrics, "There is nothing to attain, there is only letting go." I mean, come on, have you ever heard anything more profound?

5. I had to take my car to DEQ yesterday. I must share with you the proud moment when I was overcome with gratefulness that A) the line was short, B) my 16-year-old car passed with flying colors, C) I found the place easily (despite having been there a million times, this is never a given), D) I could pay the ridiculous $143 and not have it cause a hardship for us. This is what we like to call "progress."

6. If you're still here and not signing up for Pandora, go there now.


4 comments:

kario said...

Yes, Pandora is all that and a bag of (chocolate) chips! My favorite "station" is the Edie Carey station because I end up with all of these other lovely singer/songwriters that I've never heard of before. I can't tell you how often I drop what I'm doing and dash to the iPad to see just who is singing that song I'm digging so much!

I love that Wil lets you dab Clearasil on his face and looks at you adoringly. That makes my heart sing.

Love you.

B. WHITTINGTON said...

What a beautiful book cover. When I leave this site I'm off to look at the book. You must be so proud of this. Beautiful.
I enjoying reading your blog. Always feel uplifted and I so need it these days after some illnesses.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings, Barb

My two books are available on Amazon.
Vada Faith, fiction
Ezra and Other Stories, collection of short stories

Elizabeth said...

I love this list! And I do love Pandora but had forgotten how much, so I'm grateful for the reminder.

Tanya Savko said...

1-2 & 6. Yes, love it.
3. Wil and Nigel are now the same height! And both using Clearasil!
4. "There is nothing to attain, there is only letting go" - so very true.
5. I love that we both have 16-year-old cars, and that they both passed the DEQ thing (mine was 2 weeks ago).
xoxo

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards Brené Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...