Thursday, January 12, 2012
I can't speak for everyone (but would dearly love to), I just know that one thing I don't do nearly enough, is celebrate. I think, I'll feel so good when that is done/settled/over/successful/etc... and I count down the days until it is. Then the day comes and goes without so much as an extra-shot in my cappuccino.
Well, no more, I tell you, no more. I gathered three dear friends for happy hour in early January to celebrate the fact that none of us killed anyone all of Christmas vacation. We may have each considered it, but none of us actually did it. Big.
Not every event needs to include Champagne, food, a gathering and a lot of hoopla, but something, some way of marking goodness.
Top 10 Things I Could Celebrate Just Today:
10. I finally mopped the kitchen floor that's needed it for a good two weeks
9. The sun is out and it's a gorgeous, cold, January day
8. Yesterday the sunrise was so spectacular I couldn't stop talking about it
7. I even noticed the sunrise and took time to look at it (albeit, I was walking with Kathleen and she drew my attention to it)
6. I am getting really, really good at solitaire
5. I have time to play solitaire
4. I bought a bunch of primroses and planted them in my window boxes yesterday - they make me happy every time I look out the window
3. We may have finally found the right med/dosage for Rojo's ADHD, after MUCH trial and error
2. I get to go visit Toeless in February!
1. STM closed a deal he's been working on for MONTHS!