Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Top 10 Things You Heard Here First
10. Primary care physicians, particularly those that deal with the geriatric crowd, should have to undergo some training in special ed. Let's face it, if we live long enough, we all end up with special needs.
9. Another great idea of mine is to employ people (such as myself) to sit in on doctor appointments and be the interpreter between the doctor and the age/special-needs-affected patient. It would be their/my job to read body language, to repeat what wasn't heard, to rephrase, reiterate, simplify, summarize and in all ways be most helpful.
8. Holidays need their own drinking games. These games do not necessarily need to include anyone but you. Just rattle off the Top 10 Most Annoying Things Your Family/Extended Family Does (this won't take long) and every time one of them goes into effect, chug.
7. You'll be drunk, but you won't care, and if that's a problem for any of them, let them devise their own game accordingly.
6. For every "bad" tradition (read: anything that makes you want to devise a drinking game), create a "good" one to counter-balance (read: devise a drinking game).
5. Everyday should be a day to give thanks, even if you have to dig deep.
4. Pandora, alone, is enough reason to be thankful.
3. Oh, and Netflix.
2. There are no accidents.