Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oh, Were it All That Simple

So Rojo has a retreat today at school - gone all day. One of those challenge courses, "Dress in layers, and wear closed-toed shoes," the directions say. Yesterday it was almost 80 degrees, today it's in the low 60's. I convince him to wear jeans. I convince him to wear a long-sleeved T-shirt. I convince him to wear a zip-up hoody. I cannot convince him to also wear his jacket on top, and then shove it in his backpack should he get too warm later in the day.

No. Way.

We step outside to get into the car. It's freezing outside. I try one last time, "Rojo, you're going to be cold in just a T-shirt and sweatshirt, take the coat, don't wear it if you don't want to, just take the coat," I plead.

"Care! Stop worrying about me! I am sixteen years old! I'm not a kid!"


4 comments:

fullsoulahead.com said...

Love.

kario said...

Oh.
Well, then.

I hope he doesn't come home and say he told you so...

Amber said...

You can worry about me, Care. I'm only 40...

;)

B. WHITTINGTON said...

That young man cracks me up.
So, Care, straighten up. He's grown up now.
News: you will never stop trying to protect and take care of him.
I have three grown daughters and I still remind them to take a jacket.
Can't help it.
Blessings, Barb

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards BrenĂ© Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...