Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Head is Swimming

We are getting close to the big reveal of the book! Thank God for Laurie Harper, who has held my hand throughout this entire journey. Were it not for her, I would have bailed on this a long time ago. If you're a writer that needs help, really, on anything whatsoever, I would highly recommend you consult with Laurie. She is invaluable!

Turns out I need one company to do the e-book, and another to do the print version. Now I've got e-mails back and forth to both places and I don't know if I'm coming or going. So, obviously, the thing to do is fold laundry, type a blog post, have a snack, brush the dog, and in all ways avoid making important decisions. For instance, what do I want the cover to look like? How am I going to make the photo "pop?" What about the font? How many colors do I want? Do I want the title in a different color from the subtitle? My photo only has 200 dpi and it needs 300 dpi. HOW and WHERE do I get 100 extra dpi? And, more importantly, WHAT is a dpi? Now we can't have that quote on the front, but if we take it off it screws up all the ones in the back. But do we have to resubmit the whole thing? Can't we just tweak one little page?

Kathleen says it's like planning a wedding, a million details to anguish over, and in the end nobody is going to notice or care, they are just going to see two happy people getting married and have a nice time.

May this book live happily every after, too.


6 comments:

hg said...

amen!

fullsoulahead.com said...

It will.

Love.

kario said...

I'm with you. When there are overwhelming decisions to make, don't make 'em. Do what you know.

I have no doubt that you will find the right path and the book will look gorgeous!!!

Jill said...

can't wait!!

Leslie at SugarAndSpiceADK. said...

I would totally buy your book in any state, even if it was typed on an old typewriter with the "s" key stuck, on crappy paper with no photos, no endorsements (so happy I now know what "endorsements" even mean!!). Just so you know.

Amber said...

Yay!!

:)

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards Brené Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...