Thursday, May 3, 2012
Top 10 Things You Don't Know, and Really Should
10. Woohoo decided which college she's going to on April 11th, dragged it out for further parental torture, and committed on April 15th, herein after known as The Happiest Day of My Life.
9. Woohoo will be going to a small, Catholic university because we are small, Catholic school kind of people, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Plus, we're made of money.
8. Woohoo had a great birthday, start to stop!
7. She had Late Start at school, so we had her family party at 7:00 AM, complete with balloons, flowers, a million small but thoughtful presents (think: voter's registration card), and chocolate cake with the candles 1 and 8 on it.
6. Wednesdays are always her easiest day of school because of the schedule on Wednesdays (do not ask me to explain the schedule that after four years of trying to learn, I have not, and Rojo learned in about 4 minutes).
5. They had her favorite lunch in the cafeteria (you didn't think I packed her a nutritious meal to take with her each morning, did you?).
4. She had her last home track meet and all the seniors were announced, they stepped forward and gave their parents one rose.
3. It stayed dry throughout the whole L-O-N-G track meet AND she PRd (she does javelin).
2. After the meet she, her boyfriend (yes, he's still in the picture), and two friends from track, all went out for a birthday dinner at Macaroni Grill. Ironically, she went to grade school with the two friends (one boy, one girl) but never really connected with then, and now, lo and behold, with a month left of high school, has.
1. She bought a lottery ticket today, because she could. She got carded. Remember the thrill of getting carded the first time you are legal, and the pride you have in whipping out that driver's license and showing the world you're 18? Yea, me, too.