Wednesday, December 14, 2011

FroYo



Sorry for the lack of posting, just a little thing like CHRISTMAS keeping me from the computer these days. Shop, shop, shop, wrap, wrap, wrap! Was lucky enough to be given a pass to the Nike Employee Store (thanks, Janell!) and went there today to get the last few things I needed. For. Myself. Yes, I am fully shopping for myself this year, too. Really excited about the Mary necklace I bought myself from my friend Candace - the incredible artist/jeweler/Mary lover that she is. Really excited about the cute rain jacket I got at Nike today (not that anyone in Portland, Oregon needs a rain jacket or anything). Really excited about the new dish towels I got. TWO packs. Yep. Come Christmas day at least six of the nasty old ones in the drawer are getting shit canned. I have stacked all my gifts on the ping pong table in the basement with just a little Post-it that says, "To: Mom, From: ?" I'm going to get Woohoo to wrap them all up - no gift bags, either, I want boxes, ribbon and BOWS!

On another note, I think I've failed to tell you all about Rojo's full on addiction to frozen yogurt! You can blame Nancy. She could hardly stand his 3-a-day snow cone habit this summer, full of nothing but sugar and empty calories. She persuaded him to try frozen yogurt, and now, many $$ a week later, I'd say she was successful! Nancy is Rojo's favorite guest to invite to join us, and because she's a trooper, goes at least a couple times a week with us.

Rojo goes through the self-serve section in record breaking time, making a "graveyard" of sorts, with at least a smidge of every flavor offered. Then I sprinkle graham cracker crumbles, Oreo crumbles and 2 gummy worms on top (per his request). Times two. he eats both giant bowls before I finish my modest-sized bowl. It doesn't matter if the temperature outside is 34 degrees. It doesn't matter if we're the only ones in the place, it doesn't matter if dinner is right around the corner, if Rojo had his way, he'd go to the frozen yogurt place every single day and twice on Sundays.

I know Rojo's diet is terrible. Believe me, I know. But every year we inch it towards something "better." I don't have any aspiration of it being "healthy," just "less toxic" would be nice. At least the yogurt has some health benefits which I'm hanging my hat on. It's all relative.


Good for your bones:
  • An excellent source of calcium: (Based on 2 servings -8 fl oz) Adequate calcium as part of a healthful diet may reduce the risk of osteoporosis
Good for your tummy:
  • Helps maintain a healthy digestive tract
  • Increased digestibility for individuals with lactose intolerance
Supports wellness:
  • Helps maintain general digestive health and body immunity
  • Low Sodium: Diets low in sodium may reduce the risk of high blood pressure, a disease associated with many factors
Promotes a healthy lifestyle:
  • Packed probiotics to promote a healthy immune and digestive system
  • Low Cholesterol
  • Low Sodium
Other great things about YoCream Frozen yogurts:
  • All YoCream frozen yogurts are certified by the National Yogurt Association and proudly display the Live & Active Cultures Seal
  • All YoCream products are Kosher Certified
  • YoCream products are Gluten Free*
  • No high fructose corn syrup**





3 comments:

fullsoulahead.com said...

I'm glad he loves the yogurt. Good work Nancy!

I hope you love your gifts!

kario said...

Love that you're shopping for you this year! I hope Woohoo does you proud with the adornments.

As for the frozen yogurt addiction, I love it. The boy has a system (and you didn't have to justify it by putting up the nutritional information - you are ON IT!)

Anonymous said...

I quit worrying about Katie's diet a few years ago. Getting the calories into her is more important. As for the yogurt, sounds good and yummy. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards BrenĂ© Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...