Friday, December 6, 2013

Use Me

Oprah says that for years her daily prayer has been, "Use me." If it's good enough for Oprah, it's good enough for me. I've been working with that prayer the last couple of weeks, and some interesting No-Accidents have occurred. My tireless, 1-woman PR team of liz, is systematically working her way through the Archdiocese of Portland, and will not rest until all the principals not only read the book, but order a complete set for all their staff. Apparently, liz is also saying the Use Me prayer each morning.

On Tuesday I received an e-mail from the executive director of an organization devoted to children's developmental health here in Oregon. Someone she works with had given her my book months ago, she'd put it in her briefcase with the best of intentions, but didn't have a chance to read it until Monday, at which point she read it straight through. We met yesterday, and she has since ordered the book for everyone on her staff, all the clinicians, behavioral peds, everyone. She wants me to do a book signing and give a talk. I mentioned that I would love to talk to a group of doctors someday, because it is my fervent wish that my experience of not being taken seriously, not be replicated. She said, "I can arrange that."

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, just trying to stay in the moment of gratefulness that my book is doing the work it was meant to do, however big or far-reaching that may be, or not be.

What may be, may be, que sera sera.

Use me.

Amen.




5 comments:

fullsoulahead.com said...

Awesome. I love Liz and everything about Liz.

Love that you are allowing yourself to be used this way.

Lola said...

Awesome and about time. Your book is a NEEDED gift for many. Sharing the gift of Wil and all that comes with it.

Elizabeth said...

This is such great news, and it doesn't surprise me one bit. I think I should do my part, use you and take a copy of your book over to St. John's Hospital -- my OB/GYN would, I'm sure, love to read it and pass it along.

kario said...

GOOSEBUMPS!!!!

Gberger said...

Hello, Carrie - it's Karen from Gberger here. Congratulations on the good news you shared here. I look forward to getting acquainted with your writing & with you

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards BrenĂ© Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...