We had a GREAT vacation (more on that in another post). The kids did great (more on that in another post), the house looked great (more on that in another post), fun was had by all (more on that in another post). Only "casualty" of the time away was one set of retainers. They went all Don Wilson on us. Vanished. Thin air. Were right there and now they simply aren't. I know they'll turn up, but now the clock is ticking and I do NOT want Rojo's teeth to move while we wait for Don Wilson to return the damn things to where he found them. This could take months (and usually does).
So, I've turned the house UPSIDE DOWN looking for them (they are $180 to replace, not something I feel like forking money over for right now, or ever, actually). Have NOT found the retainers, but I have found these...
10. 29 bobby pins
9. Rojo's sunglasses he lost in July (which I did replace, so now he has a back up pair for next July, roughly the next time he'll need them around here)
8. Nine of Flicka's "chews"
7. Balled up Kleenex
6. Screw thingies from a drawer that broke ages ago
5. Dust bunnies too numerable to count
4. An empty Gatorade bottle
3. An empty something else, not-quite-sure-what bottle
2. My 5 lb. weights I've been wondering about
1. Candy wrappers