Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mary Moment



I was typing away on a future post (you'll see later why it needs to come later), and as I was typing one part of my brain kept trying to name it. I jumped over, threw in a title and kept typing. "No," that stubborn part of the brain said, that's not it, that's not the gist of what you're saying. I threw in something else that sprung to mind and kept typing, hoping all parts of my brain might choose to converge for 3-4 minutes. "NO," it insisted. Finally, I stopped for a second, read back through what I was typing and reflected on what it was I was trying to say. "Good Enough" I finally put in the title box.

Back to the typing, back to the iPod set on "random" (no such thing, of course), and what, what, WHAT is the very next song to start playing? "Good Enough" by Rose Cousins.

Go take a listen and see if the song has a message for you... I'm thinking it might.

4 comments:

kario said...

;-)

Unknown said...

thank you.

and you know what I just realized?

that I read you Mary moments and didn't make the connection to the fact that I am always always searching for the right way to describe those ... moments. I am going to call them Mary moments as well.
so thank you for that as well. a lot.

Deb Shucka said...

You could write an entire book just of your many wonderful Mary Moments.

JenniferL said...

Perfect name for those instances! I just had my own Mary Moment two days ago and can't wait to write about it. Aren't they the best?

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards BrenĂ© Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...