For those of you not living with a teen, you may not be familiar with the apt term, prama, or prom drama.
For those of you not living with a special-needs teen, you may not be familiar with the additional angst, while at the same time, the freedom, from all things prama-related.
For those of you not living in prama-land, let me tell you the quick and easy way to avoid it, and dare I say, have a great time at prom:
10. Have a really great human tell you and your special-needs teen a year in advance, that they will be attending prom together
9. Hold them to it
8. Pay for everything
7. Get a favorite teacher to chaperone
6. Get said favorite teacher to drive one of the school-owned mini-buses, and take a group of kids to prom
5. And dinner
4. At Spaghetti Factory
3. Make sure said group is made up of kids that are unlikely to create, or take part in, prama
2. Make the picture-taking session super-brief
1. Just go and shake your booty and laugh with your friends, then come home, no after-prom nonsense