Monday, March 9, 2020

Are You an Empath?


Took me 56 years to get the proper "diagnosis." Only after listening to the podcast, Enlightened Empaths, did I come to understand this has been what's "wrong" with me all these years. It's more than being "over-sensitive," it's actually picking up the feelings, energies, pain and suffering of others, and soaking it all up like a sponge. 

It explains the intense need to be alone. The tendency to get over-stimulated. The sensory system feeling bombarded and wanting to shut it all down. Things are too loud, too bright, too chaotic, too much input--enough to blow the fuses.

"Empaths filter their world through their intuition, and have a difficult time intellectualizing their feelings," says Dr. Judith Orloff, a renowned expert on empaths.

Here is a self-test to help you determine whether you, or someone you know, is an empath.

Regardless of whether you are or are not an empath, do yourself a favor and check out the podcast, Enlightened Empaths, available on all streaming platforms. You will love the hosts, Samantha Fey and Denise Correll. They are fun and easy to listen to, and have amazing guests and discussions. 

No comments:

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards Brené Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...