Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Baker's Dozen

The search for the Hummers continues. Wil had it in his head we would find twelve on Monday. We've identified each and every one within a one-mile radius from our home. It was time to take it up a notch. 

Not far away is a road with lots of used car lots. We headed there--him in the backseat, me in the front, the front passenger seat scooted as far up as it could possibly go, so he could have leg room.

Right away we found four, boom, boom, boom, boom. We were energized and encouraged to keep going. With so little traffic on the road, we could see both sides of it and he took one and I took the other, shouting out, "There's one!" to every Hummer and sort-of-Hummer-looking-Toyota. Extra joy when we found one in burgundy. 

I convinced him a Brink's truck was a type of Hummer, so we got our twelfth and I was able to start our way home. He was happy. I was happy. It took 20 miles and chewed up our morning, but that was kind of the point. He was singing church songs from the backseat, and I was lost in my own reverie, when all of a sudden he spotted another one parked along the side of the road. "There's another one! We found a baker's dozen!"

He has not asked me one time when all of this will be over, when church will resume, or his job, class, his beloved Mondays with Timmy. I know he looks forward to all of that, but he is managing to take this one day at a time. He exemplifies the Law of Attraction and manifests both what he wants and what he needs. He's finding joy in what is available to him right here, right now, and believes in abundance--not only will he have plenty, he'll have plenty plus one.

No comments:

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards BrenĂ© Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...