Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Light One Candle




Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.
(From gratefulness.org)

I am still too shaken up by the back-to-back shootings last week to write with any eloquence. As we approach the darkest day of the year, and with that, the turning back towards the light, let us light our candles with hope and optimism. Don't let the light go out, don't let the light go out, don't let the let go out!


3 comments:

kario said...

Will do.

The girls and I took up Ann Curry's challenge to perform one act of random kindness for each person killed last Friday. Seems like the least we can do. So far, L has bought hot chocolate for four people who didn't even ask, E purchased treats for all of her friends at a charity bake sale yesterday and I am paying it forward at Starbucks and handing out trail mix to homeless folks I see on the sidewalk. It feels good.

fullsoulahead.com said...

Love.

Tanya Savko said...

Definitely shaken with you. It feels so strange to be going about our daily lives. Love to you.

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards BrenĂ© Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...