Wil is loud. Wil is loud when he's loud and Wil is loud when he's quiet. There is a beat, a hum, a drumming, always a something, coming out of him that makes his presence in the home, impossible to forget. It reverberates throughout the house, my body and psyche. Ear plugs help, but more than anything, it's the vibration that can't be muted or denied.
My dear mother has taken to having Wil spend the night on Friday nights. He rides his bike up there around 3:00 or 4:00 and for the next 28-hours or so, the house is blessedly still.
Yesterday, he came home and was instantly loud, and STM sarcastically said, "Boy, I missed you when you were gone!"
Wil, without missing a beat said, "God never misses you, because He's in you."
Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry Not Sorry
I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards Brené Brown's podcast, Unlocking Us , but I'm not that sorry.* I've appreciated ever...
-
I was asked to write "something about Mary." Kicking myself for not naming the blog that, as that should be a blog, although love...
-
There is a young mother of three in our community that is battling cancer. Her favorite color is orange. She is one of those women everyone...
3 comments:
Love.
Loud and clear.
Always with a comeback, that one. ;-)
Post a Comment