Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hard



I've been having fun finding your favorite Rojo blogs, cutting, pasting, reformatting and placing them in some semblance of chronological order. I'm calling this "writing," even though I have yet to construct an original sentence.

The plan is to use those for the scaffolding of the book, to read what they say and write around them. We'll see how that goes. I've already deleted 10,000 words that were too repetitive, vent-ish, and as my friend Laurie says, "crazy-making." My goal is not to make the reader crazy, but to inspire.

Through some flukey search and replace chain of events I couldn't begin to describe if I tried, every single time the letters "rd" appeared in the "manuscript," they were capitalized. I tried my best to search and replace RD for rd, but no. 483 of them remained. And yes, I am just anal retentive enough to have spent the better part of Monday morning individually correcting that.

But here's the deal, so many words have "rd" in them: forward, word, card, etc... but do you know what way too many of my "rd" words were? "Hard."

I do not want to write a book about how hard it's been.

I don't think it was an accident that search and replace worked perfectly for every other thing I tried to make it do, but refused to budge on this one. It took me 483 times to get that I do not want to write the book on hard, but the book on the love, the divinity, the blessings, the glory, the richness, the peace and the wouldn't-trade-my-life-with-anyone's.

That book.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, carrie. be - you- t- full.

Anonymous said...

YES!

xo

MO'N

Wanda said...

You are haRDcore, my friend. HaRDcore! Love.

kario said...

RD could also mean Research and Development, which is exactly what you're doing (and you're writing, too, my friend, make no mistake!).

Love that this came out in your process. Love that you're doing this.

Love you.

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

I was going with Research and Development too! And whatever you write, we will love it, no matter how many times haRD pops up.

Jerri said...

This gives me goosebumps.

Strikes me as an everyday miracle, the kind you can either notice or ignore.

One of the best things about you as a writer and as a person is that you notice, appreciate and learn from things many people dismiss as weiRD but meaningless.

Deb Shucka said...

I feel Mary's touch at play here.

Unknown said...

I'm just so inspired by you ... wow.

Sorry Not Sorry

I'm sorry I keep pointing you towards BrenĂ© Brown's podcast,  Unlocking Us , but I'm not that  sorry.* I've appreciated ever...